This is how I kick off my weekend: with an effervescent, ultra-light, and complex cup of coffee. Choose a bitter that’s not too strong; you want it to balance the other flavors. Dehydrated citrus is a staple in my bar but feel free to use a wheel of fresh citrus instead. Serves 1.
- 2 fl oz cold brew coffee (not concentrate)
- ½ fl oz Campari
- A dash of your fave bitters (I like Dashfire’s J. Thomas Decanter Bitters in this)
- Simple syrup, to taste (I like 2 teaspoons)
- Dehydrated or fresh orange wheel
- Sparkling Water, Club Soda, or Mineral Water (I like Topo Chico)
- In a small glass, combine ice, coffee, campari, bitters, and simple syrup. Mix well then add fizzy water to top or to taste. Garnish with orange wheel. Get some good work done.
- Alternatively, if you’re a slow sipper, mix ice, coffee, campari, bitters, and simple syrup in a cocktail pitcher. Mix well then strain into a small glass, top with fizzy water, and garnish with orange wheel.